Happy Monday, friends!
Are you back into your routine of things now that the holidays are officially over? We are back at it with homeschool, cooking classes, gymnastics, sign orders, and our weekly play group. I love our routine, so I am quite happy to be back at it.
I had a chance to get a little crafting in over the weekend. It involved glitter, and hearts, and pink.
That's right...this year's first Valentine's Day project on MFTM.
2x6 piece of sanded wood cut about 7in tall
white craft paint
fine glitter (my fave is Martha Stewart's of course)
Vinyl hearts (cut using my Silhouette)
Tweezers or exacto knife (optional)
1. After my wood was cut and sanded, I painted it with 2-3 coats of white craft paint.
2. Once the paint was dry, I applied my vinyl hearts to the front (face) of the wood block. Press down firmly.
3. I then painted the face of my block with Mod Podge...go ahead and paint right over the vinyl hearts.
4. Sprinkle your glitter over the Mod Podge on your block. Paint over the glitter with another layer of Mod Podge. (I suggest pouring some of the Mod Podge into a separate bowl so you don't get glitter all throughout your jar.)
Repeat step 4 until desired amount of glitter is on the block.
5. Peal the vinyl hearts off BEFORE the glitter and Mod Podge dry (this is what the tweezers/exacto knife is for).
6. Paint the sides and top of your block with Mod Podge and sprinkle glitter (step 4). I didn't apply glitter to the back of the block, but you can.
7. Allow your block to dry and add baker's twine. I wrapped my block 3 times vertically and then finished it with a bow.
8. Display or give as gift to someone you ♥.
Because my wood was already cut and sanded (scrap from another project), this craft only took me about 15 minutes to complete. PERFECT for a nap time craft or while dinner is cooking on the stove.
Have you started decorating and crafting for Valentine's Day yet?
Check out some of my other Valentine's Day projects from the past HERE and my Valentine's Day Pinterest board HERE for more inspiration!
Thanks for stopping by this evening!
See you tomorrow for Tot School Tuesday.