Halsey over at Spunky Junky made the most adorable Christmas trees. The best part about this project?? It didn't cost me a penny!! I had all of the materials already! Want to see??
Tissue Paper Trees
This is what I used:
-white poster board
-package of white tissue paper
-hot glue and gun
Here's what I did:
1. Roll the piece of poster board into a cone shape and cut off the excess board.
2. Tape the board so that it will not unroll.
3. Trim the base of the cone so that it will sit on a flat surface.
4. Cut your tissue paper into strips and then into squares. They don't need to be exact, but close to the same size.
5. Put your pencil eraser into the center of a square of tissue paper and fold the tissue paper down.
6. Put a dot of hot glue onto the tip of the tissue paper.
7. Starting at the top of your paper cone, press the paper "wads" on the cone.
8. Fill in the cone so that none of the poster board is showing. *Don't forget the tippity-top of your tree!!
The one piece of poster board was enough to make a large tree and a small tree.
Didn't they turn out so cute?? You could use any color of tissue paper for this...you could even use 2 or 3 different colors! The options are endless...
Thanks for the inspiration Halsey!
Have you made any of your holiday decor this year??
I hope you come back for another visit...I have lots of fun things planned for this month!
*I will be linking this up with the awesome linky parties listed in the "Linky Parties" tab at the top of my page! Join me!